Sunday, March 10, 2013

Meterologists were right...


The big snow storm I was telling you about...it came this morning.  I woke up about 7 am to snow on the ground - almost covering the grass. It stayed with us until about 6pm tonight. 

Kameron and I went out about 1:00 and shoveled the driveway.  {It's better to stay on top of those things} By the time we were done, there was enough snow to cover the driveway again.  I walked away...Kameron is the perfectionist--he stayed and did the walks and whatever he felt he needed to clean off.  He went out again about 3:00 and did it again.

The wind was pretty gusty out there.  I am used to wind.  Growing up in Ellensburg, Washington - well you know wind.  Maple Valley gets some pretty good gusts in the winter time, too.  Enough to knock trees down and take out the power in the process.  It was forecasted to blow up to 30 mph today.  Without all the tall cedar trees to watch swaying in the wind, I guess they were right. No power outages yet...whew!

Here is our back yard at about 3:00 today.  Can you see the pond?  Not much, huh?!  Sadie loved the whole thing.  She has gone out two times today and stayed until her snow pants got wet {from the snow}


Our front door

Snow drifts in a nearby neighborhood.



I think we got about 12 inches today.  It was great! I was inside, watching the snowflakes scurry around. Read some in my book, took a nap, organized some cub scouts things, did puzzles with Sean...you get the picture.  An easy, warm day inside. 

Sunday:  today it is very sunny and bright.  The snow looks beautiful! The streets are bare and I guess the weather is going to try and get close to 70 degrees this week.  Yay!

I just don't mind snow storms like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment