Saturday, July 27, 2013

Our home

We are officially back in Maple Valley, Washington!
This small community is in the foothills of the beautiful Cascade Mountains, with some spectacular views of Mount Rainier.
 
 

(I like the how I captured the sunlight streaming through the trees...I will reflect on that photo when the sun gets covered up by clouds sooner that I want to think about...)





We have live in a quiet neighborhood on 1/3 of an acre, nestled up to 80 acres of forest and trails. The kids LOVE the forest. So much to explore...so much to build forts in...and so many blackberries to ward off with their landscaping machetes.  
                                                                  


We are settling in...with many boxes and artwork still in the garage or under the stairs. I want to paint the interior of the house, but that won't happen until September when the kids are back in school.
So nothing is up until that little beauty--of a job is done.
 
 
 
The yard looks pretty good this time of year.  Unlike many of our neighbors, I value my plants and so I water my lawn and garden.  Occasionally in the summer, you will see signs in a few yards with brown grass that say
--I am dormant, it's ok!--
 
I don't buy it. My yard is a huge canvas that I can put color here or there and move it around --any time I want to.  So we water...
May the sun keep shining on us!!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment