Saturday, April 27, 2013

Goal: 5 mile loop

This is a 5 mile loop that we have taken with our bikes.
 It has some good hills and some classic scenery for this area. 
It is mostly dirt and some pavement.  Prairie dogs live in their little mounds on either side of this road.  They were chirping at me and wagging their little tails...


Please notice the color of that sky!


I ran out of time this afternoon, so I only got to mile 4.  I felt pretty good at that point.  The hardest hill is the end hill.  You can see a little sliver of it in the picture below.  It must be nearly a mile of just enough incline to make my muscles scream
And yes, they do that every now and then.

The scrub oaks have not leafed out yet so they look kinda scrubby and drab. However...
Can you see the green in the hillside?  Yes, spring is here and I don't know how long that green will be there during the summer.  Now, those of you from the Pacific Northwest will be
pshaw-ing the color I am claiming to be green. 
It is greener in person and we take what we can get here!
My goal is to run this loop the other direction...
huge hill that is not pictured...
needs to be conquered...
by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment