Monday, February 4, 2013

Loveland and Estes Park

I am always  amazed at the ease that children make friends. We visited Loveland Colorado this past weekend and stopped at this great park to let the kids play around.  Sadie spotted the frozen pond and all the geese and was off the second she made it out of the car.
 
Within 3 minutes, she found a friend her age. They were laughing and sharing their bread like they had know each other for a long time!

Is this Mother Goose?!
I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning and found this great scripture:  This is Mormon, writing to his son Moroni about children and their innocence and sinless state.  "And I am filled with  charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation."
 
Watching my young children make friends easily and this scripture connected.  Children are filled with Charity, the pure love of Christ, they don't judge, or pretend or fear, they just love and want to share it and play with everyone. 
 
Now to apply that to my life...


I am not fond of slugs but I LOVE the face on this one!

This one room school was here in the early 1800's, notice the granite watering trough and ring hitching post for horses?

 

View of Huge mountains in the distance as you enter into the Estes Park valley.Herd of Elk venturing all around Estes Park.

The have a dam and man-made lake here. It is a smallish lake, in comparison to any in Washington. However, for Colorado, it is a pretty good size.
 
Estes Park is a beautiful little town in a valley at the base of the Rocky Mountain National Park. It has cute tourist shops and great places to hike and roam about it.  I didn't get a chance to get any superb pictures of that, so take a look here at some bing images of Estes Park.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment