Thursday, January 24, 2013

life...

A very good friend of mine, Tracy Allen, died unexpectedly this past week.  I have known her for about 14 years. We both moved to Maple Valley, Washington about the same time as young moms with young kids.  There were several great ladies that came together at this time. We all were from different backgrounds but we ended up creating great friendships that have lasted years.  During those years in Maple Valley, we found time to laugh, help tend kids, play basketball, enjoy several 'girls nights out' to Red Robin - eating appetizers and chatting until it closed, served in our church's Young Women's organization, white water rafting, and most of all we made sure we were there as shoulders to cry on and lift our friends in bumpy times.

Now, I am not that old, in my eyes and in the eyes of those older than me.  {We won't be asking my children if they think I am old, though.} My friend Tracy was a month older than me. She has 5 kids, almost the exact same ages of my kids and loved being a Mom.  One of the quotes I remember her saying is..."If you aren't going to be an advocate for your kids, then who will?"

I was fortunate to attend her funeral in Texas. I am very grateful for her!  Her spirit was GI-NORMOUS! She was fun and spiritual and I loved being with  her. 

Her husband will miss her, her family will miss her and I am sure many, many more people will miss her that I do not know.      I will miss her. 


Here are some pictures I will keep to remind of all the things she taught me. 
Family first...Christ is the center of my life...take pictures of those you love and what you do...Laugh...
Put those things on the wall that mean the most to you...

Life is an adventure, go -  have an adventure...AND enjoy it!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your friend. Lots of wisdom to ponder as well.

    ReplyDelete