Friday, September 21, 2012

Yellow to Blue

 I have this unused area in my kitchen, by the sliding door, that is usually for a kitchen table.  However, I have that country style kitchen table in my art room to not-worry-about-if-it-gets-spilled-on. So I hung my 'Old Thorpe Mill' painting I did in High School on that empty wall and put our bench there. 
It needs something more, and since I can't figure out what to put in between the painting and the bench, I thought the yellow of the bench should change.  So I pulled a pretty color from the painting and painted that bench today. I think I like it...a lot! 

Ever been to Hobby Lobby?  I found this great piece of fabric that I was going to make into pillows for the downstairs...but now I am not sure...maybe it will end up on this bench?! 


Goal:  make/find something to bring the bench and the painting together and use the fabric...somewhere.




2 comments:

  1. How about a padded bench cushion using that pretty fabric? A layer of pliable foam on the bench and then the fabric with elastic all around it similar to an ironing board cover? Or -- pliable foam covered with the fabric and then a VERY heavy ply clear plastic securing it all to the bench top. It would be removable any time you decide to change the color of the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh I love the color of the bench! How fun to decorate a new house!!!!

    ReplyDelete