Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Every Child is an Artist...Picasso

Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up.  Pablo Picasso

I love art.  I love to look at it, soak in the colors, follow the brush strokes and ponder the feelings or thoughts that come to me. Not just on the canvas, but in nature, too. Nature is quite talented and many a day do pass by without giving credit where credit is due. 

Before we moved, I had been an Art Docent at our Elementary school in Washington State for about 5 years and had really found something I love to do.  Two things actually...teach kids about art and help them find their own voice through color, lines, shapes and texture...to name a few. 

I miss it--A LOT!  I have wanted to continue to create lesson plans for anyone in need of new ideas, but I haven't had a lot of drive because I don't have a class to prepare for.  My daughter, age 6, and I have done some things together.  And I have started a few of my own ideas that I have been formulating for the past year or so.  But I am not where I want to be, yet.

Here are a few that have been done recently... 
 
 
Here is the start of one of my own...It looks interesting...But I am finding that Picasso's statement that "the problem is staying an artist"-- is true.  
I'll let you know when that happens...well...we see...
Do you have a favorite picture or scene that inspires you? 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment