Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's a start...


The kids have been in school a week and a half now.  Our routine is beginning to settle in and homework is starting.  Sean and I have quiet-time during the day.  I say that because he doesn't make a lot of noise and the house seems really quiet. 


I have heard that moving is a great way to downsize and get rid of unwanted/needed things. I agree! This house has a lot of square feet, but there is something to be said about not having a ton of 'stuff'! I can get my house put back together each morning in very little time, and it usually stays that way. So nice! 

I have my very own art room...can hardly believe it myself.  Now I haven't actually done anything stupendous in it yet, but I have a place for MY stuff. I can leave something, unfinished, on my table and come back later and it has not been touched! Glorious! My art journal has several ideas put down on paper, I have bought some new colors of acrylic paint(thanks Lei...) and so I am slowly moving in that direction. 

Kameron and Kaleb have started XC and are finally adjusted to the elevation here. (6,224 ft).  Their first meets are on Thursday and Saturday.  Joel will be starting soccer and Sadie will be doing swim lessons.  

We hope to give everyone some time to voice their experiences and adventures here, so we'll see what this turns in to.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you to have your own space. You have wanted that for so long. And thank you for setting up this blog. It means a lot to me since I can't just come over and see you currently:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay indeed!! It will be good to read frequent updates from the land of constant sunshine. Cute blog name. We chose Keno's name from the Magnificent 7 movie so it seems doubly cool.

    You are all missed back in the land of frequent rain. Except that it hasn't rained since you left; the sun has been our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing some of your experiences so far. Your art room sounds wonderful! We look forward to hearing more. Tell everyone hi from the Cannons.

    ReplyDelete